Let us Bid For You
When you can't make it . . .
Absentee Bid - A procedure that allows a buyer to participate in the bidding process without being physically present. The person submits in advance a written or oral bid that is the top price they are willing to pay for any given item.
Absentee Bid OR Phone Bid Terms & Conditions:
1. The Absentee Bidder agrees to be bound by the Bidder Registration Terms & Conditions (found on the notices page of this website).
2. Absentee bidders will remain anonymous and proxy bids will be kept confidential.
3. All bidders or an agent for the bidder absentee or otherwise is responsible to inspect all items prior to sale. All purchases are final. No Warranty given No Warranty implied.
4. There will be a 10% per item ($20 per vehicle) charge for all proxy & phone bids. If the proxy bidder is bidding 6 or more items, a flat rate can be negotiated with the auction company.
5. A Scribner Auction Ltd. representative will be appointed as a designated proxy bidder for that auction and will bid competitively on behalf of the absentee bidder.
6. The Absentee Bidder acknowledges that they will not have any claim against the auction company or designated proxy bidder should the proxy bidder fail for any reason whatsoever to place that absentee bid. Scribner Auction will make every effort to place your absentee bid, but offers no guarantee. The proxy fee will be void for any item which is missed.
7. All Absentee bids must be accompanied by a valid visa or mastercard number along with expiry date. A form of identification may be requested.
8. All Absentee bids which may exceed $5000 will require a letter of credit reference from the bidders banking institution in addition to #7 above.
9. All purchases must be paid in Canadian funds.
10. All purchases must be paid in full on sale day. If no other payment arrangement has been made with the auction company, the total purchases owing plus any applicable taxes or administration fee’s along with the 10% per item ($20 per vehicle) proxy fee will be charged directly to the absentee bidder’s credit card. NOTE: Shipping & Handling will be the Bidders Expense and the Auction will assist with arrangements, pending Bidders approval.
11. All purchases must be removed from the auction pavilion within 48 hrs of the sale.
12. Scribner Auction Ltd. reserves the right to decline any absentee bid application.
13. All Absentee Bid Applications must be registered & approved by 8 pm. (local time) the day before the applicable auction sale.
NOTE: All regular terms & conditions apply to any bidding process. (see Terms & Conditions page on this website)
Fill in the web-form below with your personal information, the items you wish to bid on with a maximum bid amount and a credit card form of payment (or call the office to make other payment arrangements). If you are absentee bidding on any firearm or ammunition, you must provide a valid PAL # & Expiry Date.
If you require assistance with the absentee bidding process, please call the Scribner Auction office at 780-842-5666.
NOTE: Some of our Auction Sales are Live & Online, if you can not attend an Auction in person, check to see if the Auction Sale you are interested in is being offered for Online Bidding!